Monday, February 20, 2012

It's About Time

Carol Freedman


I am just wild about the stylized and unusual clocks that are available in the marketplace now.  What a wonderful way to create a focal point in a room, ornament a corner, or spice up a tabletop!  I think it's about time to take a look at some of the timepieces that make my heart tick faster when I look at them!






This first dynamite clock is from Luna Bella, and is available through designers. 
I love the texture created by the distressed metal workings, and its overall iconic feel.
Let the buyer beware though--- it's just for show! 





The following clock has a similar bold and classic impression,
 but it's at a much lower price point...and it really works!
Also available through designers, from Uttermost...






Another Uttermost wall clock, that I think would look terrific in a game room or den,
is comprised of repurposed license plates!






I found the next clock on Etsy, which always has wonderful and unique
hand-crafted items for the home....





I love the stark, irregular graphics of this Barbara Cosgrove clock,
with a nickel diameter, black face and funny numbers....
You can acquire it through your friendly, neighborhood interior designer...

There are some amazing table clocks to look at as well.
This is really an art piece, also available from Luna Bella....




I love this wacky wake-up clock from Brookstone...It's called the
Tocky Rolling Alarm Clock... When it's wake-up time, it jumps off your nightstand,
and rolls around the room until you get up to turn it off.  It will also record custom wake-up messages or music to liven up your rise-and-shine moments!




Running out of time!  When you have a moment,
 I hope that you will share some of your favorite clocks with me too!

No comments:

Post a Comment